Saturday 28 September 2013

Baking - Part One

Baking is a skill passed to me by my mum who has always made cakes, pies and biscuits. Sadly it's also a skill I have let slip over the years but not for any particular reason. 

Although I have made some savoury items I haven't ventured back into cakes for a while now but having found a recipe for Rocky Road Muffins on the internet I thought I would give them a try.

For someone who hasn't baked for some time I was surprised to find I had all the ingredients in my cupboards so set about baking around the time my beloved CAFC were kicking off at Burnley.

Around 25 minutes later 12 muffins were placed in the oven and all I could do was wait. 15 minutes went by and a delicious chocolatey smell was coming from the kitchen. So far so good! Another 5 minutes and the muffins were ready and were sitting on a rack cooling down. 


I haven't tasted them yet but if you do decide to try them the link to the recipe is below

http://allrecipes.co.uk/m/recipe/12178/best-rocky-road-muffins.asps

For the record CAFC lost 0-3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment